Re: Console problems

To: linux-mips
Subject: Re: Console problems
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@informatik.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 12:05:10 +0200 (MEST)
Hi,

> > I think what you observe is that the screen jump up by a random amount
> > and then stays there.  The space at the bottom is filled with random
> > junk.  Bad because the top lines are no longer readable ...
> >
> > This is a bug in Milo for which I once posted a fix.  Since that time
> > a newer version of Milo never has been released, so ...
>
> Bummer.  This does make it harder to see things that are going on.  In
> your past posts you said that at this point it is actually impossible to
> recompile milo because of a break in the tool chain, right?  Is anyone
> working on correcting this situation, or is it ripe for someone to take
> over? =)  Without the ability to recompile the bootloader, it can be kinda
> limiting...

Yep, you found the problem ...  I think I still have a fixed executable
around (if that disk hasn't died during the recent epidemia ...) on
some disk or floppy in a locked office here ...

The real fix is either working on binutils (_far_ more complex than it's
worth) or porting the ELF -> ECOFF converter the BSD guys use.