linux on R4000

To: linux-mips
Subject: linux on R4000
From: "Martin Schmidseder" <martin@crim2.sdrc.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 18:18:18 -0600
Hi,

o.k. I want to help and to broaden my horizons in the field of linux. But
before I can start that, I would need some information on if there is anything
available for my potential Mips box (see hinv below) or if there is anything
ongoing. (Mainly I am only interested because I like that penguin.)

Thanks,

Martin.

1 100 MHZ IP20 Processor
FPU: MIPS R4000 Floating Point Coprocessor Revision: 0.0
CPU: MIPS R4000 Processor Chip Revision: 2.2
On-board serial ports: 2
On-board bi-directional parallel port
Data cache size: 8 Kbytes
Instruction cache size: 8 Kbytes
Secondary unified instruction/data cache size: 1 Mbyte on Processor 0
Main memory size: 96 Mbytes
Integral Ethernet: ec0, version 1
Integral SCSI controller 0: Version WD33C93B, revision C
  Disk drive: unit 1 on SCSI controller 0
Iris Audio Processor: revision 10
Graphics board: GR2-XSM