Question of code organisation...

Subject: Question of code organisation...
From: paul@suede.sw.oz.au (Paul Antoine)
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 11:57:12 +1000 (EST)
This is mostly addressed to Ralf, but I'll take ideas from anybody. :-)

I had begun to organise the DEC-specific include files into a directory
under include/asm-mips/dec... but noticed that for machines like the SGI,
the convention has been to simply name the files such that they begin with
'sgi'.  For example:

        sgi.h
        sgialib.h
        sgiarcs.h
        sgidefs.h
        sgihpc.h
        sgimc.h
        sgint23.h

...is this preferred, or would it be better to have machine-specific sub-
directories?  My only worry is that with the number of DECstation models,
there may be quite a few dec-specific files... and I think even the SGI
stuff is begining to look a little messy.

Regards,
Paul