Re: Calling all DECstation coders!

To: linux-mips
Subject: Re: Calling all DECstation coders!
From: Peter Keller <psilord@cs.wisc.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 10:10:51 -0500 (CDT)
Hey,

> Anyone who has DECstation code that they feel is suitable for integration,
> should post it to me.  Harald has kindly sent the clock code, but I seem
> to remember someone also working on console code...

Yeah, actually... I'm having some major problems with the console code.
Everytime I reference what I think to be the vram, the machine just stops.
No warning, no bad memory reference, no error, nothing. It's causing me some
great frustration. I have a *lot* of docs on the particular video card
I'm using and a fair amount on the turbochannel spec itself. I remember
that I had asked Ralf about how to go about finding video memory(before
I got the docs, just poke randomly), but this isn't the right way to go.
I have the docs, but what they tell me doesn't seem to be what is there.
Any advice or help is welcome. I'm working on a DECstation 5000/125 with a
pmagb-b turbochannel video card.

-Peter Keller
psilord@upl.cs.wisc.edu