Re: 32.96 BogoMIPS on DECstation 5000/133

To: linux-mips
Subject: Re: 32.96 BogoMIPS on DECstation 5000/133
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@Julia.DE>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 14:55:23 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

> > I should add that right now you should take linux-2.1.14.2.tar.gz only
> > for reference purposes right now.  This is also why it isn't available on
> > FNet.
>
> Could you give an outline of the main differences/additions in 2.1.14.2?

2.1.14.2 is based on David S. Miller's Indy port of 2.0.14.  I upgraded it
to 2.1.14, added parts of the stuff I had developed since he started his
own branch and made the this compile and boot on SNI again.  There is a
bug in the ELF loader in it which is pretty much a showstopper but I put
it on ftp as reference only, anyway.