Is there any hope (for my DECsystem 5100)?

To: linux-mips
Subject: Is there any hope (for my DECsystem 5100)?
From: Stu Allen <allens@vivanet.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 11:07:09 -0400 (EDT)
Greetings all.  This note is really for Paul; I believe he said he'd only
be reading the list and not his personal mail.

Anyways.  In my basement "office" I still have a little DECsystem 5100 which
is _dying_ to be running Linux.  Unfortunately, I have little detailed
technical information on the box, and the last test kernel blows up shortly
after loading, probably because the PROM routines to output to the console are
different.  I'd be happy to take a stab at modifying what's out there already
but without info on those routines it seems pretty hopeless.

I believe at one time "Mad Dog" was working on getting us documentation from
DEC.  Did that effort ever bear fruit?  If not, is there _anyone_ who has
this info?  (Maybe the Ultrix source code??)

So, do I give up on this thing, and trash it?  Or should I wait (and hope!)
a little longer?

Thanks!!

                Stu Allen
                allens@vivanet.com