Re: status of linux/mips for nec riscstation?

To: linux-mips, rob@portkar.com
Subject: Re: status of linux/mips for nec riscstation?
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@informatik.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 1997 16:50:30 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

> i have a riscstation and have been looking for a version of unix to run on
> this thing.  currently it has nt4, but i seem to be up against a dead end.
> nobody knows of anything that will run on this other than nt.  isaw it
> mentioned in the faq as having future support for linux/mips and was
> wondering what the current status is?  thanks alot, i hope its good news!

Sorry, not a scratch has been done on that.  Bad because the NEC
machines look nice from their configuration and they're relatively
similar to other, supported MIPS systems.

Several other people have been asking me also during the last time
about NEC support; they all share the same common problem:  NT.
You don't happen to be interested in working on that?  As a group
things might be easier.