getting started...

To: linux-mips
Subject: getting started...
From: Hierophant <ozone@rwx.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 02:38:15 -0800 (PST)
i've got a collection of mips hardware (mips magnum4000 & millenium4000),
almost all of
which has been flash'd for windows nt. i would of course rather run linux. all
of the
documentation, etc that i've seen is at least a year old, so i'm wondering what
the
current status of the project is and where i can get the pieces/parts i need to

- boot from floppy, and
- install from an nfs server

i got milo-0.27 onto a floppy, but all it did was hang my system :(

i'm interested in working on the project; i have some mips technical
documentation,
a complete set of RISC/os 5.01B media, and my hardware collection includes mips
rc3230 (aka magnum3000) and rs2030 (r2000a) systems, as well as one rc4440
(same as
a magnum4000 except that the cpu is R4400 with 1MB secondary cache). i once
actually
had RISC/os installed on my magnum, but it's buggy and unsupported.