Re: r10000 boards

To: linux-mips
Subject: Re: r10000 boards
From: (Kai Harrekilde-Petersen)
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 10:23:01 +0200 (MET DST)
Dom Sweetman writes:
[lots of good points]
> Don't get me started on the MIPS system interface...

Why not ;-)

After having designed a system interface with an EPLD plus registers,
I have come to two conclusions: A) if I am ever going to design
another R4x00 interface, it's going to be an ASIC, and B) I have great
sympathy for Rick (at Algorithmics), who has done several R4x00
designs, and he use PALs <shudder>.

Kai Harrekilde-Petersen    <>    #include <std/disclaimer.h>          Linux: the choice of a GNU generation
"Argue for your limitations, and sure enough - they're yours" --Richard Bach.