Problems with Linux-Mips

To: linux-mips
Subject: Problems with Linux-Mips
From: Stefan Stefanov <stefan@ami.ru.acad.bg>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 15:40:08 +0200
  Hello,

  I would like to ask you a few questions concerning Linux/MIPS kernel.
  Unfortunatly I crashed into some problems that I am not able to go arround.

  I have Decstation 5000/25 with R3000 CPU. I've downloaded kernel version
  2.1.1 ftp://ftp.softway.com.au/pub/linux-mips/dec_vmlinux.2.1.1.test.gz.
  I tried tftp boot using another linux on i386 as a bootp server and
  from kernel placed on Ultrix FS. The result was the same. In both cases
  kernel prints initial messages for cputype, machine model, memory size,
  etc and stops onto:

    Please write the IRQ setup code for the DECstation!

  I would like to ask the following questions:

  1. Could this image boot on my machine? And what I have to do to make
     it run?

  2. I have the source code for the same release of the kernel. What
     configuration options should I use to compile it?

  3. Is there any docs or FAQs the could guide me how to compile the
     kernel?

  Thank you.

  Sincerely,
  Stefan Stefanov