Re: http://www.fnet.fr/linux-mips/

To: linux-mips
Subject: Re: http://www.fnet.fr/linux-mips/
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@informatik.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 13:28:39 +0100 (MET)
Cc: don@cs.byu.edu
> > Nope, the problem is that noone is maintaining the FAQ.  Volunteers?  The
> > project is well alive.  See also the announcement I'll later on post to
> > comp.os.linux.announce.

> Since your web page is outdated by a year, maybe someone can tell me the
> current status of the MIPS linux project. I have a couple of Indy R4000's, so
> I'm interested in linux for them. If there's a working copy, I'll join your
> mailing list. I've already put linux on sparc and will be working on alpha
> soon.

The SGI port has been stalled since last August but is now being restarted
in the background.  What we have is a almost ready kernel for certain
Indy configurations.  More soon on this list and linux-announce.  Btw, a lot
of work on the Indy port has been done and will be done by people also
working on the Sparc port.