Re: MIPS Magnum 4000

To: linux-mips
Subject: Re: MIPS Magnum 4000
From: "Richard Ingram" <rji@bristol.st.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 11:08:19 +0000
On Mar 12, 11:15pm, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> I bet the RISC/os console is *very* similar to the ARC firmware.  Probably
> the only thing that is different is the byteorder.  In that case it will
> be a snap to port Linux - recompile everything, deactivate the kernel
> support for the G364 card (needs a bit of hacking) and you should be
> there.
>
> I'll check the firmware issue out.
>
>   Ralf
>
> --
> 74 a3 53 cc 0b 19
>
>-- End of excerpt from Ralf Baechle

I wonder if any other PC cards had the same chipset as the magnum card ? I
wonder how easy it would be diverting video O/P to an ISA card in one of the
slots ?

Does anyone have any technical manuals for these boxes ? I have an old Mips
R3330 server box that came with a full technical ref manual giving a full
memory map so something along these lines may be useful.

Rich.

(The Inmos chip was designed just down the corridor from were I sit !).