Re: LINUX on MIPS

To: linux-mips
Subject: Re: LINUX on MIPS
From: Dom Sweetman <dom@algor.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 09:19:13 GMT
renato@mips.it (renato@mips.it) writes:

> Hi, I won't take up much of your time , I'm looking for a port of linux on
> a MIPS  R5000
>
> is there a project for this processor to be able to run linux?

Algorithmics are building an R5000 board, and we certainly intend to
try to get the same software running on it as is currently being
ported to our P-4032 board - and that includes Linux.  So we share
your interest and intend to do something about it, by around
the middle of the year.

> All suggestion you could send me are appreciated , I'm interested in
> setting up a machine with a MIPS R5000 and linux and if you want a
> mirror in Italy I'm available.

What kind of machine is that?

Dominic Sweetman
Algorithmics Ltd