Re: MIPS-Linux on MACK microkernel

To: linux-mips
Subject: Re: MIPS-Linux on MACK microkernel
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@Julia.DE>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 18:18:24 +0100 (MET)
Cc: DAVOR@exor.it
Hi,

> Did anybody knows where I can find Linux over a MACH microkernel
> ported to MIPS R30xx?

Linux/MIPS runs on the bare metal.  It should however be realitvly easy
to do something like that based on MkLinux for Apple's PowerPCs.

> Also, information about Realtime Linux extensions ported to MIPS R30xx will
> be usefull.

The RT extensions haven't yet been ported to Linux/MIPS.  I'll do so
as soon as they get merged back into the standard Linux kernel, not
before.

The not into the published source tree merged R3000 support is another
issue.