Re: IRQ

To: linux-mips
Subject: Re: IRQ
From: Michael Engel <engel@unix-ag.uni-siegen.de>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 11:56:36 +0100 (MET)
Hi,

> hi there.
> i am having a slight problem:
> when i type :
>
> boot 3/rz0/dec_vmlinux.2.1.1.test
>
> it looks good up to the poing:
>
> Please write the IRQ setup code for the DECStation!
>
> and then it halts.
> any help is appreciated.
> i am running this on a decstation 5000/120
> w/32mb ram and booting off an ultrix partition.

Well, this is more or less the expected behaviour. Noone has written the
IRQ setup code so far. The problem with the DS5000/120 is that we don't have
any documentation on that specific system. (Paul - are you listening ? :-))

The DECstation port isn't functional yet, but you are welcome to join us
if you have some programming experience. Kernel hacking is fun - sometimes :-).

If you only want a working system, try NetBSD or OpenBSD - both have a fully
functional port to almost all DECstation models.

regards,
        Michael Engel   (engel@unix-ag.uni-siegen.de)