Re: Joining and MIPS Magnum 4000

Subject: Re: Joining and MIPS Magnum 4000
From: Systemkennung Linux <>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 01:19:14 +0100 (MET)

> > I tried half a dozen versions of WNT 3.something but couldn't even
> > install it.  Someone else on this list tld me the same.  Hmmm...  maybe
> > it's just that they don't support the machine running in the lores mode?
> If lowres is 1024x768, that's the resolution I'm using.

Yes, that's lowres.  Easy to recognice by the extremly ugly and chunky font
used for the ARC firmware.

>                                                          But isn't your
> Oli an older one with the fancy LEDs inside, which mine doesn't have ?
> Maybe that's the problem. But even NT runs on my Oli, it's my target
> to wipe it from the disk, as soon as the SCSI chip on the mainboard
> is supported by Linux.

I've never seen an Oily with the LEDs inside; only Magnums & Acers
seem to have that and these two have have the LED stuff implemented

On the SNI NT is running - and all I'm doing with it is copying kernels
and Milo for booting to c: ...