Re: Joining and MIPS Magnum 4000

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Joining and MIPS Magnum 4000
From: "Richard Ingram" <rji@bristol.st.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 13:27:05 +0000
> Subject: Re: Joining and MIPS Magnum 4000
>
> no, Mips sold two different versions: Server (no video, no mouse, no audio)
> and Workstation (fully equipped).

And at the moment Linux/Mips supports the Workstation only versions ?

Does that mean that my Millennium that was used as a server should boot via
serial link ?

I suppose the only OS the server models worked with was RISC/OS not WinNT ?

What we need then is a seriel bootable Linux and an Xserver or shell that you
can rlogin over Ethernet ?

> Owner of two Magnums and one Olivetti !!!

Ah but do they have graphics cards ;-)

Rich.