Re: hardware free to productive linux hackers.

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: hardware free to productive linux hackers.
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 22:44:49 -0700
In message <199701281416.PAA26313@gordon.enea.se> Per Fogelstrom writes:
: BTW, Xfree86 3.2A will have a server that work with OpenBSD on the PICA
: and on the TYNE. Do you have anything working with Linux yet? Otherwise
: perhaps you can use something from that stuff. So far i have only made
: it work with S3 type boards as that is the only stuff i have.

I have the X server compiled on my rPC44 now, but the kernel support
is lacking the mmap for my machine, so this list may grow some soon!
Not too soon, since I just landed a fulltime consulting gig that makes
me go to their office for several hours a day.  However, it is better
than starving :-).

Hopefully this gig will buy me some breathing room to get X up on my
OpenBSD box (the rPC44) as well as some time to revisit Linux/MIPS.

Anyway, I'm glad to see traffic on this list again.

Warner