Re: hardware free to productive linux hackers.

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: hardware free to productive linux hackers.
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@Julia.DE>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 15:27:45 +0100 (MET)
> > Iff I didn't currently have other priorities I'd take that challenge.
> > RM200 to the first shell prompt (including sleep & unpacking :-) was
> > 46h.  Had to be fast, because my Acer broke a few days before last year's
> > Linux Kongress in Berlin ...
> >
> Bah! It doesn't count! It was to similar to what you had before. (Acer) ;-)
> I had my Tyne running diskless after only a couple of hours hacking.
> Brag brag!! ;-)

  - I still don't have any docs about the RM200.
  - It takes my good 'ol 486 an hour to build a kernel :-)

(That's like Bodybuilders & posing, just for programmers :-)

> BTW, Xfree86 3.2A will have a server that work with OpenBSD on the PICA
> and on the TYNE. Do you have anything working with Linux yet? Otherwise
> perhaps you can use something from that stuff. So far i have only made
> it work with S3 type boards as that is the only stuff i have.

I haven't even switched on my Acer for quite some time ...

It's some month since I put my fingers on some X hacking for M700, but
I stopped due to lack of time.

> Anyway, keep up the good hacking Ralf!

Thanks!