Re: hardware free to productive linux hackers.

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: hardware free to productive linux hackers.
From: Per Fogelstrom <pefo@enea.se>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 15:16:43 +0100 (MET)

> > > Still any interest in an OpenBSD port? Or is it Linux only that counts?
>
> Algorithmics has done it's own BSD port.

What a pity, it would have been fun doing it...
;-)

> > > Wanna take a bet on how fast i can do an OpenBSD port? 24hrs? :-)
> > >

> > Heh! Naughty to have "Reply to:" set to the list... ;-)
> >
> > How about a race, Ralf? ;-)
>
> Iff I didn't currently have other priorities I'd take that challenge.
> RM200 to the first shell prompt (including sleep & unpacking :-) was
> 46h.  Had to be fast, because my Acer broke a few days before last year's
> Linux Kongress in Berlin ...

Bah! It doesn't count! It was to similar to what you had before. (Acer) ;-)
I had my Tyne running diskless after only a couple of hours hacking.
Brag brag!! ;-)

BTW, Xfree86 3.2A will have a server that work with OpenBSD on the PICA
and on the TYNE. Do you have anything working with Linux yet? Otherwise
perhaps you can use something from that stuff. So far i have only made
it work with S3 type boards as that is the only stuff i have.

Anyway, keep up the good hacking Ralf!

Per