Re: hardware free to productive linux hackers.

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: hardware free to productive linux hackers.
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@Julia.DE>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 14:55:46 +0100 (MET)
> > Still any interest in an OpenBSD port? Or is it Linux only that counts?

Algorithmics has done it's own BSD port.

> > Wanna take a bet on how fast i can do an OpenBSD port? 24hrs? :-)
> >

> Heh! Naughty to have "Reply to:" set to the list... ;-)
>
> How about a race, Ralf? ;-)

Iff I didn't currently have other priorities I'd take that challenge.
RM200 to the first shell prompt (including sleep & unpacking :-) was
46h.  Had to be fast, because my Acer broke a few days before last year's
Linux Kongress in Berlin ...

I think we should somewhen meet in Sweeden for that :-)

  Ralf

(Aside of that every little bit of CPU I can get hold of is currently
configured to brute force RC5, not to compile.  Who want's to donate
CPU :-)