Re: Linux/MIPS HOWTO

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Linux/MIPS HOWTO
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@Julia.DE>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 23:02:09 +0100 (MET)
Cc: black@squid.gage.com
> i just got a mips magnum R4000PC-50 and i need to find a video card for it.
> do you have any suggestions?

Video cards for Magnums are rare.  In fact, if you should find a source
for them you should really post it here.  I however have recently seen
a posting to comp.sys.mips which I quote here:

In article <dz6819iuay.fsf@puma.inmos.co.uk>, rji@puma.inmos.co.uk (Richard Ingr
am) says:

>Hi,
>
>I have just got hold of a bare MIPS ARCSystem MILLENNIUM 4000SC-50 and am
>looking at getting it working to use with Linux/MIPS and WinNT. Unfortunately
>it came with no Graphics Card so I am now on the look out for one.
>
>If anyone knows of one for sale or can put me in touch with someone who has
>one for sale I would be very grateful. As a last resort I could try SGI's
>Remarketing Dept but I suspect they only have complete systems for sale (what
>do they do with systems that are cannibalised put them in the skip ??).
>
>Thanks for any help.
>
>Regards,
>
>Richard.

At last check MIPS remarketing wanted $1100 for the graphics and mouse/audio car
d together.

Another source is:

Carrera Computers
23181 Verdugo Dr. Bldg 100
Laguna Hills, Ca 92653
714-707-5053
Part 09-00177 Mouse board (no Audio)$95
Part 09-00176 Magnum Video card $325
also sun to VGA adapter cables
Part 09-00184  Jaguare Video card $600+
Alex Imbastari (sales)     Bruce Faust. Boss?

Another possibility is that I have an extra one I am holding as a warranty spare
 that I will
no longer need after April 1, 1997

Thanks and Best Regards
Joe Westenhaver    joe@widind.com

Hope that helps you finding a video card.