making a BIG ENDIAN root disk

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: making a BIG ENDIAN root disk
From: Steve Herrod <herrod@cs.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 15:50:33 -0800
Hi all,

Our work porting linux-mips to run on top of the SimOS machine
simulator is coming along well. The kernel is pretty much ready, and
now it's time to get a root disk image together. Note that we are
simulating a big endian machine.

I looked in:

        ftp.fnet.fr:/linux-mips/filesys

and found the little endian version of the filesystem (is this up to
date?). I need a big endian version of this image. Does anyone have
this?

If not, does someone have the source tree (and makefile) from which
the complete root disk (binaries and configuration files) can be
made. While we're on the subject, I assume that there is a "mkfs"
program available somewhere so that I can make my own filesystems...

Thanks for the help. Once we get this all together I think it will
help make linux-mips development much easier!

Steve Herrod
http://www-flash.stanford.edu/~herrod/