Re: merging diffs

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: merging diffs
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@Julia.DE>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 21:51:38 +0100 (MET)
Hi,

> Are there pre-built binaries of the latest gcc and binutils for the
> SGI platform anywhere? The ftp sites are still using binutils-2.6. I
> also couldn't find a prebuilt gcc package for the sparc. If someone
> could post this/these tar packages it would help a lot.

I could build some if you provide me an account.

> Alternatively, I can make my own, but can't figure out how to merge in
> the diffs file. Can someone give me the incantation to use with patch
> or rcsmerge?

Using patch do:
gzip -cd gcc-2.7.2.tar.gz | tar xf -
gzip -cd gcc-2.7.2-1.diff.gz | patch -p0

then configure and build the compiler.  Don't forget to install the
float.h from the ftp-server over the one installed by the compilation
And do only build the C, C++ and Objective-C compiler, *not* protoize/
unprotoize.