BogoMIPS working on DS5000/200 !

Subject: BogoMIPS working on DS5000/200 !
From: Michael Engel <>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 23:13:30 +0100 (MET)
Hi Paul, Ralf and all you others,

the timer interrupt now seems to work well on the DS5000/200.

Thanks a lot, Paul & Ralf !

Now I'll try to adjust the HZ value to get a correct BogoMIPS number.
I'm currently using a timer interval of 64 Hz (15.625 ms) and set
HZ to 64 in include/asm-mips/param.h [this _is_ the right place, I hope ...].

This shows us 3.11 BogoMIPS ... I don't think this is the correct value,
is it ?

Btw., I forgot to mention that I indeed used pmax_printf in printk, so I got
the BogoMIPS etc. printed. I changed printk to:

asmlinkage int printk(const char *fmt, ...)
        va_list args;
        int i;
        char *msg, *p, *buf_end;
        static char msg_level = -1;
        long flags;
        va_start(args, fmt);
        i = vsprintf(buf + 3, fmt, args); /* hopefully i < sizeof(buf)-4 */
        buf_end = buf + 3 + i;

        for (p = buf + 3; *p ; p++) {
                pmax_printf("%c", *p);
        return i;
Bad hack, but actually works :-)

I'll also try changing the timer base address and run the kernel on my
DS5000/20 ...

        Michael Engel   (