DECstation patches for 2.1.1!

Subject: DECstation patches for 2.1.1!
From: paul@suede.sw.oz.au (Paul Antoine)
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 10:51:18 +1100 (EST)
Cc: beurton@fnet.fr (Luc Beurton), linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de (Systemkennung Linux)
Hi folks,

This is my second attempt to post this - I'm assuming Luc had the
machine down to replace the HD he said had died...

I finally got together enough hours to get some new patches together for
the DECstation!  I have uploaded the following:

        linux-2.1.1.dec.patch.gz        - patches standard Linux/MIPS 2.1.1
                                          to have new DECstation code
        linux-2.1.1.dec.tar.gz          - full Linux/MIPS DECstation tree

Please upload the patch file where you can, and use the mirror nearest you
rather than our poor old 28.8kpbs link (they're mirrored on ftp.fnet.fr
and wherever that's mirrored).

Hopefully once Ralf comes back on line he'll be  able to issue a formal
patch set, and the DECstation code will be back in the official tree
once more.

Please note that this kernel appears to not progress as far as previous
ones, but trust me, much more is working down in there than was! I didn't
think everyone wanted to see my Luc-brand(tm) printf's in main.c...
a hint for those doing kernel work, the pmax_printf() function is very
useful!

Regards,
Paul