Re: Linux for another MIPS system

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Linux for another MIPS system
From: Michael Engel <engel@unix-ag.uni-siegen.de>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 1996 21:12:48 +0100 (MET)
Hello,

> >From the Linux-MIPS FAQ we learned about the different implementations of
> Linux
> on MIPS architectures. Our company (Bruker) uses an own MIPS system,
> based on R4x00, and running a proprietary Unix. We would like to know
> whether we
> could get help from the Linux-MIPS group to port Linux onto this system.

Hmmm, I think Linux developers are the most helpful people in the world :)

> We are able to support such a project by donations in form of money and/or
> hardware.

Maybe one can arrange to make a University project of it. I'm student of
computer engineering at Siegen Univ.; I'm currently trying to do s.th.
useful for the DECstation port at the moment and am interested in learning
more about your MIPS machine. I assume it's no problem to get all hardware
documentation and maybe some example code for device drivers etc ?

Anyway, I'll talk to our operating systems professor about it. He is
always interested in industry contacts.

regards,
        Michael Engel   (engel@unix-ag.uni-siegen.de)