Re: The Kane Book...

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: The Kane Book...
From: tw@terma.dk (Theo de Wit)
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 1996 13:48:08 +0100
>> I just tried to search Amazon.Com books for the Kane book by ISBN,
>> and failed. I tried by subject and author and here's what I got:
>>
>> Mips Risc Architecture
>> by Gerry Kane , Joe Heinrich
>>
>> Paperback
>> List: $41.00 -- Amazon.com Price: $41.00
>> Published by Prentice Hall
>> Publication date: September 1, 1991
>                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> ISBN: 0135904722
>>
>> This ISBN is quite different than the one mentioned in the web-pages.
>> Any ideas why? Hope this information helps the kernel-hacker-wannabe
>> society on this mailing list.
>
>This sounds like to be an old edition to me.  Dominic, I believe you
>have the Kane book around (if you can find it ;-) at the offices - at
>least you provided me with the clues some (scratch, scratch) two years
>ago.
>

>Kai

Hi Amit, ( Hi kai, hvordan gaar det :)

I have the Kane book right here ( with the same ISBN ). This edition covers
the R2000, R3000, R4000, R6000 RISC architectures and descriptions
of the R2010/R3010/R6010 FPA's. I found a copyright by MIPS Computer
Systems, Inc. dating 1992. I could not find the publisher date by i
guess it's the same.
Hope you can use this.

Theo de Wit.

- Personal Information -
| Teunis de Wit, B.Sc.EE        | Mail  tw@terma.dk       |
| TERMA Elektronik AS           | Phone +45 86222000      |
|                               |       +45 86222011 435  |
| Surveillance Systems Division | Fax   +45 86222799      |
| Product Development           | Telex 68 109 terma dk   |
|                               | Mail private:           |
|                               |     teowit@pip.dknet.dk |