Re: Linux/MIPS 2.1.0

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Linux/MIPS 2.1.0
From: Amit Margalit <amitm@amitpc.iso.dec.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 17:27:03 +0200 (IST)
Hi!

On Mon, 7 Oct 1996, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> Hi Amit,
>
> > > I've uploaded linux-2.0.21-2.1.0.diff.gz to ftp.fnet.fr and
> > > kernel.panic.julia.de.  This release fixes some ancient bugs
> > > and is thus lots more stable, go for it!
> >
> > I take it this is still without Paul's DEC patches, right?
>
> Yes, it is.  I guess Paul is too busy again ...
>
>   Ralf

Hopefully this will be ready soon. For now my DECstation 5000/150 (R4000)
does not boot with his 2.0.7 when compiled as R3000. It gets stuck in
sys_cacheflush() somewhere. I mean that it does not boot to the same point
where a R3000 DECstation would.

I saw you rewrote most of that code, so that's what I am waiting for.

        Amit

Amit Margalit (Software Support Digital Israel) amitm@doronx.iso.dec.com
All information in the above mail message is personal, and does not
imply on my employer. None of it should be attributed to my employer.