Re: Linux/MIPS 2.1.0

Subject: Re: Linux/MIPS 2.1.0
From: Amit Margalit <>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 17:27:03 +0200 (IST)

On Mon, 7 Oct 1996, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> Hi Amit,
> > > I've uploaded linux-2.0.21-2.1.0.diff.gz to and
> > >  This release fixes some ancient bugs
> > > and is thus lots more stable, go for it!
> >
> > I take it this is still without Paul's DEC patches, right?
> Yes, it is.  I guess Paul is too busy again ...
>   Ralf

Hopefully this will be ready soon. For now my DECstation 5000/150 (R4000)
does not boot with his 2.0.7 when compiled as R3000. It gets stuck in
sys_cacheflush() somewhere. I mean that it does not boot to the same point
where a R3000 DECstation would.

I saw you rewrote most of that code, so that's what I am waiting for.

Amit Margalit (Software Support Digital Israel)
All information in the above mail message is personal, and does not
imply on my employer. None of it should be attributed to my employer.