Re: 2.0.7 on DS5000/200 ...

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: 2.0.7 on DS5000/200 ...
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@Julia.DE>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 23:59:16 +0200 (MET DST)

> Michael Engel (engel@unix-ag.uni-siegen.de) writes:
>
> >   Afaik, the physical address space goes from 0x0 to 512 MBytes, so the
> >   0x80030000 should be a virtual address. Or did I get sth. wrong there ?

> Well, yes, but no.  Let's stick to 32-bit addresses for now (that
> works even on 64-bit MIPS CPUs):

In fact the R4000 port is using them for now.  So far the only addresses
used outside the 4GB 32bit address space are hardware addresses.

The size of the KSEG0 segment of 512mb also limits currently the
maximum addressable RAM space to currently 512mb.  I volunter to fix
that immediately if someone borrows me a gig of RAM for testing ;-)