Help with Magnum 4000!

Subject: Help with Magnum 4000!
From: paul@suite.sw.oz.au (Paul Antoine)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 17:37:06 +1000 (EST)
Hi folks,

The 4Mb 72pin simms with parity finally arrived for the second-hand
Magnum 4000SC-50 that I have.  I've popped them in and it now gets
much further along in the boot process! :-)

The machine does not have the Magnum video card, and I cannot get anything
out of either of the serial ports.  Which one am I supposed to use
as a console?  How do I get it to spit things at the serial ports?

The machine does have the ethernet/serial card and the audio/mouse
card.  I believe the machine was previously used to boot RISC/OS, and
used the serial ports as console.  I have the Magnum setup disk goo
(thanks Ralf) though I don't think that will work without a video card.
I also have a flash-rom burner, so I can use that to reset the firmware.

Any help from you experienced Magnum types would be appreciated.  You
may have guessed I have no doco...

Regards,
Paul