New DECstation kernel and web page updates!

Subject: New DECstation kernel and web page updates!
From: paul@suite.sw.oz.au (Paul Antoine)
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 1996 14:16:17 +1000 (EST)
Cc: amitm@amitpc.iso.dec.com (Amit Margalit)
Hi folks,

In preparation for release of my 2.0.xx patches to Ralf for re-integration
into the main tree, I have updated the web pages and ftp'able items:

        A test kernel for 2.0.7 that does about as much as the 1.3.62 one
        did, but does use the new argument passing scheme and less assembly
        language than previously.

        A full source release of my 2.0.7 tree for everyone to play with
        until Ralf and I have finished the official versions of the patches.

        New info on the development environment

        New and improved description of what remains to be done, and how
        I think we should proceed.

All of the above are of course open to comment.  The web pages are up now,
and the ftp'able items can be had from Softway now, and from ftp.fnet.fr
whenever the mirroring kicks in (should be there by Sunday).  Please
restrict upload from Softway to those who really feel the need to have
the kernel *today*... as it's really slow from Australia (unless you're
in Australia, that is!) and we're paying too much for our traffic at the
moment.

Now, off to create some patch files for Ralf...

Regards,
Paul