Re: DS5000 - found the ethernet address

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: DS5000 - found the ethernet address
From: paul@suite.sw.oz.au (Paul Antoine)
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 22:05:59 +1000 (EST)
Michael wrote:

> Small correction: We have the Specs for the 5000/200, not for the 5000/1xx,
> afaik.

Ooops... I can never remember which one it is.  This spec is still useful
for helping with all the other 5000 series, so it's not as bad a situation
as I perhaps made out.

> Btw., I took a look through my collection of useful code and found a
> CD-ROM with the Sprite operating system on it. Sprite was developed in
> Berkeley by Prof. Ousterhout (the Tcl/Tk Ousterhout :-)) and stands under
> the standard Berkeley copyright. Sprite has been ported to Sun 3/4 and
> DS2100/3100 and DS5000 (/1xx and /200, if I'm not mistaken).

Yep, we have the Sprite CD here at Softway somewhere... I'll see if I can
find it.

> I'll try to seek out the files that may be interesting for DecStation Linux
> porters and put them on our ftp server.

Cool!

> > I've arranged to meet John "Maddog" Hall in the US when I'm there next
> > month, with the aim of returning with the paper copies of the
> > documents and persmission to scan/OCR and photocopy them as needed
>
> Good ! What would we do without John ? :)

Indeed!  If I remember correctly, John's the one responsible for DEC giving
Linus an Alpha, amongst other things...

Paul