Re: DS5000 - found the ethernet address

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: DS5000 - found the ethernet address
From: Michael Engel <engel@unix-ag.uni-siegen.de>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 13:36:48 +0200 (MET DST)
[Hmm, my mail to fnet.fr bounced yesterday, any idea what was wrong ???]

(Paul wrote:)

> Some of that doco is good.  What we need are "Functional Specs" for
> all the platforms.  We have them for the 2100/3100 and for the
> 5000/1xx, but not for the others.

Small correction: We have the Specs for the 5000/200, not for the 5000/1xx,
afaik.

Btw., I took a look through my collection of useful code and found a
CD-ROM with the Sprite operating system on it. Sprite was developed in
Berkeley by Prof. Ousterhout (the Tcl/Tk Ousterhout :-)) and stands under
the standard Berkeley copyright. Sprite has been ported to Sun 3/4 and
DS2100/3100 and DS5000 (/1xx and /200, if I'm not mistaken).

I'll try to seek out the files that may be interesting for DecStation Linux
porters and put them on our ftp server.

> I've arranged to meet John "Maddog" Hall in the US when I'm there next
> month, with the aim of returning with the paper copies of the
> documents and persmission to scan/OCR and photocopy them as needed

Good ! What would we do without John ? :)

> (John tells me that DEC appears to have 'lost' the electronic versions
> of the documents after so many years.)

Hmmm, I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem ;)...

regards,
        Michael Engel   (engel@unix-ag.uni-siegen.de)