Re: DS5000 - found the ethernet address

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: DS5000 - found the ethernet address
From: paul@suite.sw.oz.au (Paul Antoine)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 10:06:39 +1000 (EST)
Michael,

> I set bootp up and the DS5000 starts Linux 1.3.62 ...

Yay!

> now I'm waiting for Pauls 2.0.x patches ;). How far does the new
> kernel come ?

The new kernel should make it about as far as the 1.3.62 if not a
little further, but currently doesn't due to some niggly little bug
that I'll have ironed out in the next couple of days.  Ralf is still
waiting for more R3000 patches from Didier which may help it get
further, but we really need to get interrupts happening first.

I plan to do a full source tree release of DEC.2.0.7 first so people
can play (I know you and Amit want to!), then issue patches to Ralf
for integration into the master source tree that he will then release
as an official 2.0.xx patch.

If you do work on the unofficial DEC.2.0.7 source in the meantime, you
should probably use rcs, sccs, or some such so that you can more
easily patch your code into the official 2.0.xx-with-DEC-bits kernel
when available.  Please make any significant (i.e. working!) patches
available to me for integration, as I'm trying to maintain the master
DEC tree.

Regards,
Paul