Re: Eureka! DECstation now boots 2.0.7!!

To: dittman@hibernia.dseg.ti.com (Eric Dittman)
Subject: Re: Eureka! DECstation now boots 2.0.7!!
From: paul@suite.sw.oz.au (Paul Antoine)
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 08:31:39 +1000 (EST)
Eric,

> > I'm working on the DECstation 5000/2x, however the kernel will
> > currently boot to the same level (i.e. not fully functional yet) on
> > all 5000 series.  Which one are you interested in?
>
> I've got a DECstation 3100, so I guess I'm out of luck.  The test
> kernel I pulled off softway.co.au last week doesn't get very far
> at all on a DECstation 3100.

Fortunately the 3100 is much like a 5000 without the turbo channel,
and with different serial chip for the console ports.  There are a
good many other 3100 owners on the list, so the plan is definitely to
support that platform, though it may take a little longer unless we
can find a real kernel hacker to take charge of it.

Regards,
Paul