Re: More binaries

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: More binaries
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@Julia.DE>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 12:09:19 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

> > Or are you talking about this special DECstation ECOFF problem?
>
> No, I was just being silly.  I keep forgetting that you'll get an IOT/Trap
> out of ld unless you specify *both* the input and the output format (i.e.
> if you want to specify one, you must also specify the other!)

Ooops - if it bombs it's a bug.  I never had this problem yet.  For building
Milo I also only specify the target format.

> Yep - no problems now.  Have you finished integrating all of Didier's work
> on the R3000 yet?

No changes since our last conversion about this topic.  I'm waiting to
receive an updated set of patches from him.

>                    I'm now in a position to do more work on the DECstation
> port, and want to re-integrate my 1.3.62 work ASAP.

Great.

>                                                      I think it's about
> time the DECstation work was up to date!

> I'll fetch the 2.0.7 patches now, to see if that helps.  On another issue,
> what program did you say you use to create ECOFF out of ELF32 for the Magnums?

I'm using the ELF -> ECOFF converter from Ted Lemon's elfutils.tar.gz with
some modifications that make them compile on non-NetBSD systems, too.  The
portability patches aren't perfect though.  I don't have my hacked version
at hand so I'll put the original archive in the misc/ directory.

I should note that I only need the converter for PIC code executables.
And PIC code again is only required for Milo/Pandora with the SNI firmware.

A weird imagination is most useful to gain full advantage
of all the features - manpage of amd(8).