Linux and SNI RM200 (seek for vmlinux)

Subject: Linux and SNI RM200 (seek for vmlinux)
From: Stagiaires <>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 14:48:16 GMT

I have a rm200 and i am currently trying to install Linux. To do so, I
have downloaded milo 0.27 and kernel 2.0.0 (and patched it to
2.0.7). I have also downloaded cross compiler mipsel-linux.(version
2.7.1) I made it run on a 486 DX 33 Linux station with gcc 2.7.2.

With version 2.0.0 I had an error telling that the dli instruction was
not understood by as. With 2.0.7 it tells me this:
/usr/mipsel-linux/bin/as: unrecognized option `-G'

So, I think it is easier for me to ask someone who has a RM200 if
he can send me vmlinux file. With it, I think I will be able to
download gcc and kernel for SNI and then to compile a new version of
the kernel directly on the RM200.
If you know where the error in as may come from, it will ok too :-)

Philippe Jung

             Philippe Jung        Jean-Philippe Rigal

                   Tel : +33 - 1 -
                   Fax : +33 - 1 -

       Trainees at Siemens Nixdorf - Emerging Technologies