linux-mips development information

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: linux-mips development information
From: Kent Dahlgren <kentd@icube.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 1996 11:56:20 -0700
Hi

We have developed R4650 and R3041 PMC (PCI Mezzanine Card) CPU cards for
our Fast Ethernet and ATM switch reference designs. We currently have
PSOS
running on them but feel that a more full-featured operating system
would
be more appropriate for some applications. As a result we would like to
port
Linux to the cards. We would like to start with the R4650 card.

The cards are fairly featured:

        * 1 MB of FLASH memory
        * Support for a single 72 pin DRAM SIMM, which
          can SIMMs up to 64 MB
        * PCI bridge
        * Four channel DMA controller
        * National Super IO device with:
                Two 16450 serial ports
                ECP/EPP printer port
                IDE interface
                Floppy interface
        * Real time clock

We want to operate these cards in big-endian mode. Can anyone suggest
which
code tree we should use as a starting point? Also is there a mailing
list
that would be appropriate for us. After we complete the port we will
make
the board support code (of course) as well as the board design available
to the Linux community. I would appreciate any assistance that you could
provide.

Regards
Kent Dahlgren

 Kent Dahlgren                               Phone: (408) 341-1888 x 108
 I-Cube Inc.                                 FAX:   (408) 341-1899
 2605 S. Winchester Blvd                     Email: kentd@icube.com
 Campbell, CA 95008                          Web:   www.icube.com