Re: decstation 3100

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: decstation 3100
From: khp@dolphinics.no (Kai Harrekilde-Petersen)
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 15:55:12 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi gang,

[i'm back ;-]

Stoned Elipot writes:
> I'm responding/translating in english for the shake of the non-french people
> on the list (they are the far more numerous)

Thanks, stoned.

<snip>

> => R3000 CPU. I got a decstation 3100 with 16Mo of RAM and various disks. I
> => also got a 486 Linux box...

I'm doing (make that: will do) R3000 stuff too, since I have a
kitchen-bench project going to make an ISA-plugin R3051 board (DRAM,
flash/eprom, sram, 2*16c550a).

[Board info: Since I basically have a big-endian mind, the board will
be big-endian too.  I intend to do a board-level simulation in Verilog
before I build it.  As of now, I have a bus model of the R3051 plus
DRAM, and sram models.  A model of the ISA bus is still missing,
though.  Right now, I'm working on the control logic (ISA->R3051 bus
x'lator++).  Hopefully, I should start wirewrapping soon (yeah, RSN
right?)]

Since the MIPS disassembler I wrote at Terma (disasm) only understands
the MIPS-III ISA, i've extended it so it can disassemble MIPS-I, -II,
and -III.  In the course of upgrading disasm to support the 3 ISAs,
I've unearthed a few bugs.

Anyone interested in disasm-0.38, or have you already found (and
fixed) all my bugs?

Regards,

Kai
--