Re: Deskstation rPC44 and Milo 0.27

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Deskstation rPC44 and Milo 0.27
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 1996 12:10:38 -0600
: Milo 0.27 is already a full sources release, or did I made a mistake
: in packaging it ?

No.  Milo 0.27 is the first version to generally have the sources
available.  You packaged it correctly.

: Anyway Ralf proposed last week - It was not on the list - that Milo should
: pass all the ARC config tree - in whatever form - to the kernel, so it
: can end up in, say /proc/arc. So Milo would have a complete ARC tree
: walker and by making it available from Pandora's prompt it will implement
: one of these feature you're talking about.

I like this idea.  Both of them.  It is often useful to be able to
query this after the BIOS has gone away...

: And well for the others, as long as they are thrown in Pandora and not
: in Milo - to keep it small - ... why not ? Let's have Pandora suffer from a
: feeping creaturism :)

It would be useful if pandora is a "Let's explore the machine" tool to
have it grok certain machine structures :-)

Warner