Re: Linux/MIPS 2.0.6 uploaded

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Linux/MIPS 2.0.6 uploaded
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@Julia.DE>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 12:07:06 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: dfrick@dial.eunet.ch
Ralf wrote:

> > I've uploaded linux-2.0.5-2.0.6.diffs.gz to ftp.fnet.fr where it will appear
> > in /linux-mips/src/kernel/v2.0/ as soon as the admins have moved the file
> > online.  The patch does the following:
> >
> >   - About half of the R3000 patches that I've received have been integrated.
>
> Can you give me a rough idea of what these patches do?  Which ones are still
> to be done?

The part that I left out where things that would have broken the R4000
port, where plain wrong tooo ugly or that simply did myself in a
different way.  I assume Didier (dfrick@dial.eunet.ch) & his collegue
will rsn send another bunch of R3000 patches.  Didier?

> >   - some things more ...
>
> Anything important? :-)

A bit more cleanup so that the ACN R3000 they're working on fits better
in the concept of the rest.

A weird imagination is most useful to gain full advantage
of all the features - manpage of amd(8).