Re: Linux/MIPS 2.0.6 uploaded

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Linux/MIPS 2.0.6 uploaded
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@bigbug.franken.de>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 21:22:54 +0200 (MET DST)
>   - Removes support for building with the a.out tools.  Binutils 2.7 has buggy
>     MIPS a.out support and I don't see a point in supporting this further.
>     Instead I've written a small program mkboot which is essentially a
>     converter from ELF to a.out.  Benefit is that you won't need to upgrade
>     your Milo.

hmm, not a nice move. Now I have to patch my complete built-enviroment
again. But a good chance to remove some of my ECOFF binaries and
save a little disk space. Nevertheless some useless work for me.

Do I need to rebuilt all Mips user binaries, or do the old one still
work ? If not, is there a chance for a new root-x.xx.tar.gz ?

Thomas.

you have to be a sneaky bastard too ;-)