-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I've uploaded linux-2.0.5-2.0.6.diffs.gz to ftp.fnet.fr where it will appear
in /linux-mips/src/kernel/v2.0/ as soon as the admins have moved the file
online. The patch does the following:
- Removes support for building with the a.out tools. Binutils 2.7 has buggy
MIPS a.out support and I don't see a point in supporting this further.
Instead I've written a small program mkboot which is essentially a
converter from ELF to a.out. Benefit is that you won't need to upgrade
- Along with the switch to the ELF compiler I've removed the entire a.out
support in both GCC and Binutils. The configuration names mips*-*-linux*
now are all ELF configurations. Binutils have additional COFF support
for the sake of the DECstation port. I changed the preprocessor so that
it now predefines the same symbols as the the SGI configuration, so
you'll need this new tools to build the kernel.
- About half of the R3000 patches that I've received have been integrated.
- The kernel now includes a essentially rewritten Sonic driver for the
- The hacked lance32 driver now supports the RM200.
- After some cleanup kernels can now be shared between Acer PICA and RM200.
- some things more ...
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----