Re: RM200, Ethernet

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: RM200, Ethernet
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 10:34:39 +0200 (MET DST)
Hello,

> >I finally worked around all the nasty traps hidden in the RM hardware;
> >the Lance32 driver is now working.  Time to write a book SNI RM
> >undocumented or what SNI doesn't want to tell you.  Also time
> >for yet another patch; it's too long since the last patch.
>
> Use the add-on product Observe and learn something about the difference
> bet ween dreams and reality...

Sounds like Sinix stuff.  I've never used Sinix on something else but
a MX2; SNI was so generous to deliver a copy NT with my box ...

Also the more I creep into the mind of the designers of the RM200 the
more I like this thing; it has quite a bunch of goodies in that SNI
doesn't tell you about.  If SNI had mounted the reset and debug interrupt
buttons on the front panel the box would even be useable with closed
case ;-)