... but can we _USE_ it ...

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: ... but can we _USE_ it ...
From: Lambert Schomaker / NICI <schomake@nici.kun.nl>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 1996 18:43:55 +0200
Sender: schomake@plinux2.psych.kun.nl
[]
Hello, I saw about your courageous attempts to put Linux on
MIPS: great. We are running Ultrix V4.1 on 2 DECstation 5000 and
some 3100. Upgrading to a later Ultrix version is even impossible
with our H/W configuration. We use Linux on Pentium and 486 and
are happy with that.
Only: we are no kernel hackers. Is there any reason why we still
should try Linux/MIPS? We mainly develop in C. The system should
run ftp and www servers, a CuSeeMe reflector, and be an NFS disk server.

--
 Lambert Schomaker
 NICI, Nijmegen Institute for Cognition and Information