Re: MIPS Magnum 4000SC-50 help

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: MIPS Magnum 4000SC-50 help
From: paul@suite.sw.oz.au (Paul Antoine)
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 1996 23:58:32 +1000 (EST)
Hello again.

Andreas wrote:

> Hmmm. You'll need to get a video board as well as the mouse/audio board
> to run the box in little endian (WinNT) mode. I have a spare video board,
> but no audio/mouse board. Without the audio/mouse board the ARC bootloader
> fails during the selftest.

I have the audio/mouse board and the ethernet/serial board, just no
video.  It's no problem getting a PS/2 mouse or keyboard here - the
keyboards are only $AU19 (or about DM20).

> It wants 4 (four) at a time, from the right to the left (viewn from
> the front of the box). You need standard PS2 Simms with parity with
> at least 2 Megs (512k * 36) each.

Paolo in his reply said I needed standard 72pin simms with parity - and
72pin simms seem to fit (though I don't have any with parity).  I had
thought that PS/2 simms were 80pin...

Thanks!

Paul