MIPS Magnum 4000SC-50 help

Subject: MIPS Magnum 4000SC-50 help
From: paul@suite.sw.oz.au (Paul Antoine)
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 1996 15:07:35 +1000 (EST)
Hi folks,

The nice people at Sydney University have given me a MIPS Magnum 4000SC-50
machine to help with the Linux/MIPS port.  The trouble is, I have no doco,
and the machine has:

                No RAM
                No Graphics Card
                No Keyboard
                No Floppy
                No HD

Now, the lack of floppy and HD is no problem as I have some of those, and
I'm assuming that the machine has been used as a server (i.e. without KB
or Vid,), so that they pose no problem either (it was running RISC/OS).

I'd like to know:

                What RAM to use?  Standard 72pin SIMMs?  What sizes are
                o.k?  Which SIMM sockets do I populate first?  Do I need
                to put them in 1 or n at a time?

                It currently puts the following sequence onto it's
                internal diagnostic LED on RESET:

                        .F
                         0
                         1

                ...and stops at '1'.  I'm assuming it wants RAM before it
                can go any further.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Paul