Re: Hello, I want in!

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Hello, I want in!
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@Julia.DE>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 15:16:39 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

> As for the general Status of the DEC Port (tm): I've begun integrating
> the DECstation code into 2.0.x, though I'm worried that I should be
> waiting for the work done by David Miller to be integrated before
> doing much more work on the DEC portion, as he appears to have done
> some fantastic stuff on R3000 code.

Dave has a R4k system ...

> I also want to make sure that anything Didier has done on
> R3000-specific code is included as well, so that the DEC port can take
> full advantage of it.

I've integrated about the half of Didier's patches into my source tree.
The rest - and this probably the more interesting part - would have broken
the rest of the code.  I guess Didier will rework the rest of the patches
and will send them to to me again.

The other major change for the next patch is that Thomas sent me patches
that bring the Sonic close to working.  There is some magic bug in the code
that prevents his driver to work for newer kernels than 1.3.98 but we'll get
that one also ...  The problem seems somehow to be conected with the virtual
DMA hardware in the Jazz boxes.

> Anyway, once I have 2.0.x booting to where the current 1.3.68 code
> does, Ralf and I will need to co-ordinate things!

Fine ...

> Regards,
> Paul
> (P.S. Please note the new phone and fax numbers below.)

(Why phone & fax?  We could much better meet in Bruxelles for a beer ;-)

A weird imagination is most useful to gain full advantage
of all the features - manpage of amd(8).