Re: Hello, I want in!

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Hello, I want in!
From: paul@suite.sw.oz.au (Paul Antoine)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 20:24:03 +1000 (EST)
Hi,

Amit wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Jul 1996, Paul Antoine wrote:
>
> > Amit (sp?) wrote:
>
> What's the (sp?) thing? I didn't get it.

I wasn't sure of the spelling! An old English teacher's trick is
to write SP! in the margin when you get spelling wrong :-)

> Is there anything on gatekeeper.dec.com:/pub/DEC which you or others
> haven't checked out yet?

I have both the 3100/2100 and 5000/2x0 documents from there which have
been quite useful, however the other 5000 documents have apparently never
been made public by DEC's workstation group.  The reason for this is
that they contain the usual "for internal engineer's eyes only" kind
of comments in them :-)

They were released to certain individuals in the NetBSD port under non-
disclosure agreements, however John and I are trying to get DEC snr
management in Nashua to get them 'cleaned up' and do a public release
so as many people as need them can work on the port.

I don't know if you know of John (affectionately known as maddog :-), but
he's one of DEC's internal gurus, and appears to have the ear of the
abovementioned senior management.

Regards,
Paul